This post has been long over due so in order to get you in the right mood press play on the link below! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJr2LBYOvUU
Lately I have been having a large thirst (hehe) for discovering more ways to eat and feel cleaner.
For my birthday, my friend Rachel gave me a fantastic birthday present that has helped me a lot with this yearning. She got me a this beautiful blender that is perfect for days where I don't have that much time to spare for breakfast or if I'm feeling up for a quick smoothie for lunch - the choices are endless.
The other day I whipped up a deliciously verde smoothie.
Let me show you what went down.
I used most of the greens I had in the fridge, which were:
- Half a cucumber - Handful of kale - A handful of cilantro - One green apple - One cup of water
And off to blend!
It was delicious and refreshing and to be honest, not that hard at all. If you're a bit picky with having greens this is perfect for you! Why not make a quick smoothie of it instead. Drinking it not only makes it easier to digest for your stomach but it also gives you a complete new taste.
Okay so let's get down to the goodies. Why is everyone going crazy about them greens? Well here's a quick little list of six reasons why your greens are going to make you even more fabulous.
1. Amazing source of nutrition that are packed with vitamins A, C, E, K, B, minerals and fibres
2. Packed with chlorophyll, which helps you bring your energy levels up high!
3. Enzymes. Full of them. So great for digestion and helping out your organs.
4. Remember Popeye being obsessed with spinach? Well that's because spinach and most of the green veggies are packed with iron!
5. Dark leafy greens, like kale for example, has a good amount of carotenoids, which is a type of antioxidant that protects cells in your body from early stages of cancer.
6. Purifies you blood. As these foods are high in alkaline, they work to replenish your alkaline mineral stores and continue to filter out pollutants.
Another huge plus of greens is that it nourish the skin like crazy, making it glow!
Um… are you sold yet?